Welcome back to the usedguitar.com Grateful Dead Tune of the Day. It’s been a while since we’ve posted something, we thought it would be good to get things rolling again with some primal Dead from 1968. The opening track on this one, Good Morning Little School Girl, is classic Pigpen when he was still very much the heart and soul of the band. Garcia and Lesh had developed a very tight relationship at this point, and Weir was starting to come into his own on rhythm (there are rumors he had been kicked out of the band earlier in the month for not being able to keep up – whatever the deal his playing really started to develop from late ’68 forward). The whole show is worth listening to, but start with track 1 and enjoy.
Good Morning Little School Girl – Grateful Dead (Berkeley, CA – 10/20/68)
- I Second That Emotion – Grateful Dead (Boston, MA – April 8, 1971)
- Black Queen – Grateful Dead (East Rutherford, NJ – April 16, 1983)
- Highway 61 Revisted – Bob Dylan & The Grateful Dead (East Rutherford, NJ – July 12, 1987)
- Spanish Jam – Grateful Dead (New York, NY – February 11, 1970)
- It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue – Grateful Dead (San Francisco, CA – Juy 16, 1966)
- The Weight – Grateful Dead
- Dancin’ In The Street – Grateful Dead (South Yarmouth, MA – October 27, 1979)
- Grateful Dead – Jam (Watkins Glen, NY July 27, 1973)
- Morning Dew – Grateful Dead (Madison WI – June 24, 1983)
- Viola Lee Blues – Grateful Dead
|Selling? Check out usedguitar.com's CLASSIFIEDS. Classifeds are currently free to our Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus fans and followers.