Welcome back to the weekly Deadhead Corner Tune of the Day. This week’s pick is a rare cover of I Second That Emotion, a song Jerry played frequently in his solo ventures (check out the version from Live at the Keystone – essential) but that the full Dead only played in April of ’71. This version comes from the Boston Music Hall and was the first time the Dead played this Motown classic. Check track 9 and enjoy.
I Second That Emotion – Grateful Dead (Boston, MA – April 8, 1971)
- Black Queen – Grateful Dead (East Rutherford, NJ – April 16, 1983)
- Highway 61 Revisted – Bob Dylan & The Grateful Dead (East Rutherford, NJ – July 12, 1987)
- Spanish Jam – Grateful Dead (New York, NY – February 11, 1970)
- Green Onions – Grateful Dead (Rochester, NY – June 30, 1988)
- It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue – Grateful Dead (San Francisco, CA – Juy 16, 1966)
- The Weight – Grateful Dead
- Dancin’ In The Street – Grateful Dead (South Yarmouth, MA – October 27, 1979)
- Grateful Dead â€“ Samson and Delilah (Syracuse, NY â€“ October 20, 1984)
- Grateful Dead – Jam (Watkins Glen, NY July 27, 1973)
- Viola Lee Blues – Grateful Dead
|Selling? Check out usedguitar.com's CLASSIFIEDS. Classifeds are currently free to our Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus fans and followers.