This week’s entry in the Deadhead Corner Tune of the Day is Dancin’ In the Streets from the Cape Cod Coliseum in October of 1979. After the ’75 hiatus the Dead brought back new arrangements of several songs, Dancin’ is one of them. They gave it the “disco Dead” treatment, but Jerry and Phil (in particular) found lots of space to jam out on this one. Check out track 13 from the archive, then stick around for the Franklin’s Tower as well.
Dancin’ In The Street – Grateful Dead (South Yarmouth, MA – October 27, 1979)
- Dead Flowers – The Rolling Stones
- Grateful Dead – Samson and Delilah (Syracuse, NY – October 20, 1984)
- Grateful Dead – Jam (Watkins Glen, NY July 27, 1973)
- Morning Dew – Grateful Dead (Madison WI – June 24, 1983)
- Norman Blake – Church Street Blues
- Grateful Dead – Help On The Way / Slipknot
- Viola Lee Blues – Grateful Dead
- The Dark End of the Street – Ry Cooder
- Joe South – Hush
- 1979 Gibson Flying V V2
|Selling? Check out usedguitar.com's CLASSIFIEDS. Classifeds are currently free to our Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus fans and followers.